Tuesday, October 8, 2013

So much time, so little to do!

It really is a great problem to have two weeks off work and no responsibilities to fill your time!  To start off my intersession/Fall Break the right way, I jumped into a little project.  The fact that I have to return my sister's Cricut to her after a few days months, kind of lit a fire under my rear to get some projects started and finished!

A few weekends ago, I made these covers for my dog's beds.  I used a $3 flat sheet from Walmart and sewed it like my millions of pillows, envelope closure style.  It is really the easiest way to sew a pillow case and it allows me to easily take it off and wash it.

So I don't have any pictures (oops), but the covers were pretty boring.  Tan and dull.  So I wanted to personalize them for the pups.

First I cut a stencil with the Cricut onto card stock for each of them and used Frogtape to hold it down.  I put a few magazines inside to keep the paint from bleeding through to the back.

(Charleigh approves)

Then I used this Tulip Fabric Paint.  I wanted a dark grey, so I mixed a little bit of Glacier White into Ebony.  I used the stencil sponge brush (maybe I just made that up) to dab the color on lightly.  I did two light coats.




The bottle says let it dry for four hours and then wash after 72.  I'm way too impatient for that second part so I waited about five and threw them on to try them out!  




Side note:  It is next to impossible to get these two to lay down in their beds.  Also, to get a picture of Sarge before he moves.  He may need medication.    

ALSO, Sarge clearly cannot identify his name in print.  I am a disgrace of a Pre-K teacher.  


1 comment:

  1. I love these - I want to get a puppy just so I can make them! Jealous of your two weeks though...

    ReplyDelete