Tuesday, May 6, 2014

My New Toy

I have a new addiction.  I recently got a Silhouette Cameo and I LOVE IT.  I have been spending WAY too much time looking through the Silhouette Online store as well as figuring out how to make my own designs with the Silhouette studio program.  My sister has a Cricut and Sir Cuts a Lot, so I some idea how to work the program since the two programs are very similar.

I ordered my vinyl from Expressions Vinyl.  It was inexpensive and had a quick delivery time.  It is so much cheaper than buying it at Hobby Lobby, especially since you can't usually use the 40% off coupons for Cricut products, which all their vinyl happens to be.  Bummer.  

I went a little crazy on Pinterest making my inspiration board.  Here are some of the things that I'm sure I will be making in the next few weeks.  
 from here- this woman's excitement when it works makes this worth reading

I have already made a few things too!  The bottles are part of my end of the year gift for my students.  I love the way they turned out.  These boxes add a little bit of organization to my closet.  I need all the help I can get!



These are just a few of the many projects in the works.  Vinyl is not the easiest to work with and takes some getting used to.  The best trick I have learned so far is to use contact paper as the transfer paper.  I tried using painters tape first, but it was too sticky and made it very difficult to get it where it needs to go.  I can't wait to show you all of the things I create with it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment