Sunday, July 14, 2013

Alligator Mobile

My sister is having a baby boy in August (!!)  and she found the cutest alligator bedding at Target.  So of course I ran with that and planned an alligator baby shower.  When looking for ideas on Pinterest, I came across this simple and adorable mobile. So cute, but $58?  I figured I could whip one up on my own in my copious amounts of free time this summer!
Madras Star Mobile Via Etsy
Since I had already stolen my sister's Cricut to make decorations for the shower, I decided to try to make an alligator version of it.  I found an image online of an alligator, used Sir Cuts Alot to trace the image and the Cricut to cut out about a  million tiny alligators.  I used fishing line to string them on and attached them to a metal floral ring from Hobby Lobby, using beads to keep them in place and weigh the string down a little bit.  While I was working, I taped them to the wall with some FrogTape.  I was hoping that the line would straighten out with a little time.  


  I used white ribbon to hang it from the ceiling.  It is precious if I do say so myself!  Here is the final product!


  

No comments:

Post a Comment